Saturday 3 September 2016

Nollywood Actor: Odunlade Adekola Was Accused Of Using JuJu To Boost His Career


Nollywood Actor: Odunlade Adekola Was Accused Of Using JuJu To Boost His Career but he swore in front of a crowd of graduating students that he has never been involved in the use of magic, especially when it concerns his acting career.

Yoruba actor, Odunlade Adekola, has addressed rumours that his career success has been as a result of his reliance on metaphysical powers.

In a news report published by Punch News on Saturday, September 3, 2016, the actor denied the story, adding that his belief in God had been the reason for his success.

“I never knew I would be successful as an actor; my belief has always been that God should elevate me in my endeavours. I always prayed that God should make me a successful person."

“Some people say that I used voodoo or metaphysical powers to be successful. I hear when they say such but I tell everyone that I can never do such."

To clear any doubt about his sincerity concerning the voodoo rumour, the actor swore in front of a crowd.

"During the graduation of my students last year, I addressed this issue because it was during that time people were peddling rumours of my demise."

"When the rumour of my death hit town, some people said that I did ‘jazz’ to be successful. That was why during the graduation of my students last year, I said it in public that if I had ever thought of doing ‘jazz’ to succeed God should make me lose everything I had ever worked for."

“I hear these comments but they do not move me at all. I am a writer, director, producer and an actor. It is normal for people to talk but it has never upset me.”

According to the actor, his acting career took shape when he was just a child.


A friend of his had recommended him to a movie producer, who later introduced him to acting group. This was how he rose to become one of Nigeria's top actors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...